Value for Women Presents Insights at FinEquity Annual Member Meeting 2023
FinEquity members Value for Women, CGAP’s Women in Rural and Agricultural Livelihoods, and BOMA and UC Davis (for WEE-DiFine, BIGD) joined the #FinEquity2023 Annual Meeting to share their research on how bundling loans with non-financial services, using alternative credit scoring models for lending, and incentivizing uptake of index-based livestock insurance can improve rural women’s resilience to climate shocks.
FinEquity’s 2023 Annual Meeting explored the nexus that links financial inclusion, women’s empowerment, and climate change, with the purpose of understanding how financial services can help women adapt their livelihoods to erratic rainfall patterns and rising temperatures to mitigate climate risks.
- Luis Marquez | Director of Advisory Services, Value for Women
- Edel Were | WIRAL, CGAP
- Paul Bolo | Research and Learning Manager, BOMA
- Dr. Michael R. Carter | Distinguished Professor of Agricultural and Resource Economics, UC Davis
- Jenny Morgan | Impact Pathways Thematic Lead, FinEquity
- Joanna Ledgerwood | Independent, FinEquity Technical Advisor
See the virtual panel discussion below
For accessing more panels, visit the event page and materials: https://www.findevgateway.org/finequi...