Improving Productivity through Policies and Practices Targeted at Women
Interloop Limited is among the world’s largest hosiery manufacturers and one of the top foreign exchange earners for Pakistan. It produces around 600-million pairs of socks and tights annually for international brands and retailers, with an annual turnover of $270-million.
A limited pool of skilled workers (in a male-dominated company) for various specialized and technical jobs, including engineers and machine operators.
- Providing training and career-development opportunities, including on-the-job training, allowing women to practice and apply what they learned, and a formal skills evaluation
- Recruitment drives that targeted women
- Placing women in supervisory roles to enhance the safety and well-being of women in the workplace
- Providing an on-site daycare facility
- Raising awareness of the importance and benefits of gender diversity
- Improved productivity by 33% between 2012 and 2017
- Attrition rate lowered from 19.8% in 2014 to 10.46% in 2018
- Improved Engagement Index from 61% in 2013 to 64% in 2015