Increasing Sales through a Gender-Inclusive Market Research and Communications Gender Action Plan
Women-focused marketing was used to increase sales for nopal, amaranth, honey and processed food businesses and cooperatives in Mexico, supplying supermarkets, restaurants and customers.
The businesses were not reaching women due to limited market insights of this particular market segment.
- Market research was conducted and sex-disaggregated data was used to develop customer profiles
- Communications messages that targeted women were developed
- Product placement strategy was refined to more effectively reach women
- Sales increased by 46%, compared with the previous month, and 150% compared with the previous year
- New points of sale were identified (an online shop and home deliveries)
- Engagement on social media improved – reach increased by 56% and reactions by 92%